As of recently, one of my guildies mentioned how easy it is to get the original K-TERA files of the uncensored Elin. What? Uncensored Elin? When I say uncensored, I don’t mean naked, I just mean skimpier outfits. The original outfits for the Elin race were skimpy. Instead of wearing ugly, untextured booty shorts, they wore decorative panties with detail until the Americans complained during BETA that it was wrong for the Elin race to be wearing such skimpy outfits. It made people feel like it was wrong and pedophilish. But, if you do want the original K-TERA files for your Elin, here is how to get them.
..:: UPDATE – August 11, 2014 – Faces Are Showing Up Black ::..
We understand that most of you are experiencing some blacked out faces with the Uncensored Elin files. This is due to the Elin Reaper update from TERA. Elins now have new facial features available which will cause the face to be blacked out if you have the Uncensored files installed. As of right now, we have NO fix for this unless we can get our hands on some updated Uncensored Elin files. If anyone knows where to get them, we would be more than happy to look into it and update this post.
..:: UPDATE – June 1, 2014 ::..
Pixel Imperfect is away that our links were down for awhile due to our download source page being removed. We have verified a working link to the Uncensored K-TERA Elin files here ► Click HERE be redirected to the Uncensored Elin K-TERA files download page.
Keep in mind, no one else will be able to see your Elin in the uncensored version. Only you will be able to see your Elin as well as everyone else’s Elins in the uncensored form. You cannot be banned for this, as far as I know, since you’re just altering the files to change the appearance of a race and you’re not affecting any players by doing this since they cannot see your uncensored Elin unless they performed the Elin uncensored download file process. You’re not cheating the game, therefore, this isn’t ban-able.
I also wanted to mention that I have set up a donation button at the end of the article. This goes towards me being able to bring you fun, quality, and/or informative blogs. Please click HERE to jump to the donation section of the page.
Here is a picture of uncensored Elins VS censored Elins.
A few things to keep in mind before replacing any files.
Some of the differences are very small, like instead of having black booty shorts, they have black panties on instead, so the differences might not always be apparent. But for some of the outfits, you can tell that there is more detail in the bottom part of their outfit. Another thing you should keep in mind before replacing the files is that there may be a few glitches. For example, if you have the Maid outfit and you perform the e-mote, Kitchen Dance, it will not work! Your Elin will literally stand still but her head will move around in a weird way. So, if you still want to see your Elin as well as others perform the Kitchen Dance, then I advise that you do not do this. Another problem that I noticed after replacing the files is that when you select the Elin class, she does not show up right. She will most likely be shown as just a head with ears, a tail, and an invisible body, but 0nce you select the Elin to create her, everything should look normal and you should see the descensored version of your Elin in some of the clothes. Note that not all of the Elin’s clothes are descensored, some will still be the same. It’s mainly just the cloth-wearing Elins that have descensored items.
How to download and replace files.
If you’re positive you want to download the original K-TERA files, this is what you need to do.
- Go to this link and download the RAR file.
Uncensored Elin RAR File Download
If I gave you the link correctly, it should just pop up for you and ask you where to download it, or it will download it to whatever temporary downloads folder that you have automatically selected for your computer. If the link brings you to a Media Fire page, you need to enter the Captcha code in the center of the screen to unlock the download to the file; but hopefully, I gave you the best link I could and it won’t make you do that.
- Once you download the RAR files, you need to extract the files so that you have the original kTERA files. If you view the files that you just downloaded, you will notice that they will be labeled as Popori. Do not fret! This is normal since originally the Popori and Elin were all supposed to be one race, but later they decided to split them up by gender and name one Popori and the other Elin. That is why they will be labeled as Popori instead of Elin. I assure you, your Popori characters will not be affected in any way.
- Open your TERA folder. I have a lot of people say that they have trouble finding the location of their TERA folder. It is actually very hard to find because it’s not listed where you might think it would be listed. So, the easiest way to locate your TERA file is go to your Desktop and right-click on the TERA Launcher desktop icon. Select Properties and select the Shortcut tab if it’s not already selected by default. There should be a button near the bottom of the window that says Open File Location, click on that.
- You should now be in your TERA folder. This is what my path name says Computer > Local Disk (C:) >ProgramData > HappyCloud > Cache > TERA
- From there, click the following: Client > S1 Game > CookedPC > Art_Data > Packages > CH > PC
- I highly recommend that you make a copy of your PC folder before the file transfer and place it in the Documents folder on your computer, or somewhere you will remember it and can keep it for safe-keeping. You should do this in case you change your mind about the uncensoring files. I did once I realized that the Kitchen Dance e-mote from the Maid pack wouldn’t work. In my opinion, losing the Kitchen Dance e-mote wasn’t worth it since I did pay for it after all.
- Now that you’ve made your copy and placed it somewhere else, open the downloaded folder and keep clicking these folders De-Censor Elin v1.5 > Client > S1 Game > CookedPC > Art_Data > Packages > CH > PC. Click on the PC folder and you should see around 10+ files in there, select all of those files and drag and drop them into your PC folder in your TERA files. Select Copy and Replace for all files when the window pops up.
- If you did it right, you should be set and you can start testing to see if you did it right by going into character customization mode and creating a new Elin character. I recommend a cloth wearing class like Mystic, Priest, or Sorcerer because there tends to be more detail in those outfits. You should notice a difference, if not then you might have done something wrong in the downloading or copy and replacing process. Or it’s very possible that I missed a step.
If you have any questions at all or feel as though I’ve missed a step, please ask away and leave a comment here or on our Facebook page. Also, please let me know if the file download link has stopped working. I do not have any sort of file hosting accounts, so I must go outside and use other people’s files. Last I checked, the links I have here worked and are spy-ware free and virus free. And if you do want to post a comment, please make sure that it isn’t rude or inappropriate or else it will be deleted from the website.
I have stopped playing TERA, so unfortunately, I can only help so much. However, here are a few great comments that some of our readers left. They may help you if your game keeps crashing or if you keep receiving game errors when you go to launch the game.
- “SO perusing the original thread it looks like this was updated to 1.6 and replacing the .gkp files don’t work but apparently adding a _PC folder inside the CH folder works.” – Blair
- “When you drag the files to the directory you have to pay attention to the texts. I was clicking ”ignore” everytime thinking that it would replace the files but it didn’t. I realized that then i tried again clicking in Move and Replace and it worked perfectly!” – kato2561
♥ Follow Me ♥
Do you like what you see/read? I blog for free out of fun and the hope that my blogs are fun and/or expand the knowledge of others. Please consider donating so that I may continue to bring you quality content. Even a donation as small as $1 can help me greatly. Click the button below if you would like to donate any amount.